-CLICK HERE for detailed information about the hiring process for certified substitutes for Warren & Butler counties.
-CLICK HERE FOR SWO-COG, Substitute Orientation Dates, to register and make your pre-payment online.
Orientations for 2020-2021 will begin in July, 2020
The Southwest Ohio Council of Governments (SWO-COG) is a partnership between Warren County Commissioners, Warren County ESC and Butler County ESC. It is the exclusive provider of all certified substitute teachers for participating districts.
- Carlisle Local
- Franklin City Schools
- Kings Local School
- Lebanon City Schools
- Little Miami Local Schools
- Middletown City Schools
- Springboro City Community Schools
- SWOCOG Paraprofessional
- Warren County Vocational School District
- Warren County Educational Service Center (WCESC)
- Wayne Local Schools
- Butler County Educational Service Center (BCESC)
- Butler Tech
- Edgewood City Schools
- Fairfield City Schools
- Hamilton City Schools
- Lakota Local Schools
- Madison Local Schools
- Monroe Local Schools
- New Miami Local Schools
- Ross Local Schools
- Talawanda Schools
NOTE: The overall SWO-COG does not typically employ substitute educational aides (paraprofessionals). However, WCESC does use them exclusively in some of our special needs programs.
WCESC Substitute Educational Aides (Paraprofessionals)
WCESC special needs programs are listed below and a brief description of individual programming can be found in the document to the right of this screen.
If you are eligible to apply as a substitute teacher in the SWO-COG you will have the option to also be a substitute educational aide for WCESC special needs programming by completing the application process as usual.
If you are not eligible to be a substitute teacher because you do not hold a Bachelor degree, you can still be a substitute educational aide for WCESC. Please keep reading to find out how.
WCESC Substitute Educational Aide (Paraprofessional) Instructions:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Substitute educational aides should follow the same application process in its entirety as required by substitute teachers with a few important exceptions:
- Prior to registering to attend an orientation session, please communicate your intentions to be an exclusive WCESC special needs programming substitute educational aide and the date of the session you plan to attend to: firstname.lastname@example.org Failure to do so, may result in your registration being declined.
- When applying for the required ODE license, please apply for an educational aide permit not a substitute teaching license. Choose the IRN 050401 Warren County ESC when prompted for the electronic approval signature. If you do not choose this IRN your educational aide permit will not be valid for our programming.